Welcome to our monthly post of home sale statistics for our region and some hyper local markets! Below you will find the numbers for June 2019.
Please call or text The Belt Team at (703) 242-3975 or email email@example.com to discuss in more detail what is happening in your market or if you are interested in buying and/or selling…we’d love to hear from you!
• 28,484 homes went under contract in the region. This is up (8.23%) from the same time period in 2018.
• 31% of the homes that went to settlement in June 2019, sold in 10 days or less from when they hit the market.
• Average sold price was $374,501 (up 4.91% from the same time period in 2018).
• 35,305 homes came on the market. That’s down 4.16% from June 2018.
• Homes that sold (closed) averaged 55 days on market, 4 days longer than in June of 2018.
• There is currently a 3.0 month supply of homes (remember, in a balanced market – the demand from buyers equals the supply from sellers – there is a 5-6 months supply) in the Mid Atlantic Region – and 67,494 homes for sale (townhouse, condo and single family).
OVERALL: The Mid-Atlantic Region remains in a Seller’s Market. We saw a very slight increase in the average sales price from last month and the number of new listings that came on the market decreased again this month.
The overall market conditions in the region did not change significantly in June but let’s take a look at some of our local markets and see what their numbers look like…some areas have seen their market slowing a bit. The number of homes hitting the market decreased from last month and the average days on market is increasing.
Buyers & Sellers who are successful in today’s market look at the data and act accordingly…and so do our agents! Contact The Belt Team NOW (703-242-3975) to make sure you are working with an agent that is on top of the market you are targeting and can provide you with all the information you need.
To see what the conditions are like in your community, click on the link to your desired city below!