Welcome to our monthly post of home sale statistics for our region and some hyper local markets! Below you will find the numbers for August 2019.
With inventory remaining low…it’s still a great time to sell! If you are thinking of making a move, contact The Belt Team NOW (703-242-3975) to make sure you are working with an agent that is on top of the market and can provide you with all the information you need.
• 26,051 homes went under contract in the region. This is up (16%) from the same time period in 2018.
• 30% of the homes that went to settlement in August 2019, sold in 10 days or less from when they hit the market.
• Average sold price was $360,467 (up 4% from the same time period in 2018).
• 31,687 homes came on the market. That’s down just under 3% from August 2018.
• Homes that sold (closed) averaged 55 days on market, 1 day longer than in August of 2018.
• There is currently a 2.9 month supply of homes (remember, in a balanced market – the demand from buyers equals the supply from sellers – there is a 5-6 months supply) in the Mid Atlantic Region – and 65,258 homes for sale (townhouse, condo and single family).
OVERALL: The Mid-Atlantic Region remains in a Seller’s Market. The overall market conditions in the region did not change significantly in August but let’s take a look at some of our local markets and see what their numbers look like.
To see what the conditions are like in your community, click on the link to your desired city below!
- Vienna: August 2019 Home Sales
- Oakton: August 2019 Home Sales
- McLean: August 2019 Home Sales
- Great Falls: August 2019 Home Sales
- Reston: August 2019 Home Sales
- Falls Church: August 2019 Home Sales
- Arlington: August 2019 Home Sales
- Alexandria: August 2019 Home Sales
*Data compiled from SmartCharts, MarketStats by ShowingTime, whose data comes directly from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).