Welcome to our monthly post of home sale statistics for our region and some hyper local markets! Below you will find the numbers for September 2019.
With inventory remaining low…it’s still a great time to sell! If you are thinking of making a move, contact The Belt Team NOW (703-242-3975) to make sure you are working with an agent that is on top of the market and can provide you with all the information you need.
• 24,430 homes went under contract in the region. This is up (22%) from the same time period in 2018.
• 31% of the homes that went to settlement in September 2019, sold in 10 days or less from when they hit the market.
• Average sold price was $344,333 (up 5.4% from the same time period in 2018).
• 32,291 homes came on the market. That’s up 6.6% from September 2018.
• Homes that sold (closed) averaged 45 days on market, 12 days faster than in September of 2018.
• There is currently a 2.9 month supply of homes (remember, in a balanced market – the demand from buyers equals the supply from sellers – there is a 5-6 months supply) in the Mid Atlantic Region – and 67,882 homes for sale (townhouse, condo and single family).
OVERALL: The Mid-Atlantic Region remains in a Seller’s Market. The overall market conditions in the region did not change significantly in September but some things to note… compared to the same time period last year, there was a 22% increase in the number of homes that went under contract and the average days on market is down 23%. Now, let’s take a look at some of our local markets and see what their numbers look like.
To see what the conditions are like in your community, click on the link to your desired city below!
- Vienna: September 2019 Home Sales
- Oakton: September 2019 Home Sales
- McLean: September 2019 Home Sales
- Great Falls: September 2019 Home Sales
- Reston: September 2019 Home Sales
- Falls Church: September 2019 Home Sales
- Arlington: September 2019 Home Sales
- Alexandria: September 2019 Home Sales
*Data compiled from SmartCharts, MarketStats by ShowingTime, whose data comes directly from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).