Welcome to our monthly post of home sale statistics for our region and some hyper local markets! Below you will find the numbers for October 2019.
With inventory remaining low…it’s still a great time to sell! If you are thinking of selling or buying, contact us NOW (703-242-3975) to make sure you are working with an agent that will provide you with the data you need to make good decisions. The reality is that Buyers & Sellers who are successful in today’s market look at the data and act accordingly. All of this data about the variances in different price ranges is a perfect example of why. If you’re looking to buy, and you “make an offer” below list price – you might be successful in the upper ranges where there is a more abundant supply of homes. Taking that same action in the lower price range will likely mean you don’t get the house of your dreams. Someone else will.
BUYERS: Did you know that Belt Team Buyers are eligible for our FREE Priority Notification List for new listings not yet in the MLS?! Call 703-242-3975 for details.
SELLERS: Call The Belt Team at 703-242-3975 for our FREE Report “42 Questions To Ask Your Realtor BEFORE You Sell”. And find out how our listings sell FASTER and for MORE MONEY than the average agent’s listings.
• 25,068 homes went under contract in the region. This is up (17%) from the same time period in 2018.
•32% of the homes that went to settlement in October 2019, sold in 10 days or less from when they hit the market.
• Average sold price was $348,312 (up 5.6% from the same time period in 2018).
• 31,329 homes came on the market. That’s up 1.4% from October 2018.
• Homes that sold (closed) averaged 45 days on market, 3 days faster than in October of 2018.
• There is currently a 2.8 month supply of homes (remember, in a balanced market – the demand from buyers equals the supply from sellers – there is a 5-6 months supply) in the Mid Atlantic Region – and 65,914 homes for sale (townhouse, condo and single family).
OVERALL: The Mid-Atlantic Region remains in a Seller’s Market. The overall market conditions in the region basically did not change significantly from September to October.
However, as you dig deeper into the numbers of our local market areas, you will find segments that are still experiencing somewhat different market conditions. The upper-end price points in some areas are experiencing more of a Balanced (even Buyers in some cases) market where prices are not appreciating and properties are sitting on the market longer. Whereas the lower price points are seeing appreciation, there is less inventory and homes are selling much faster.
To see what the conditions are like in your community, click on the link to your desired city below!
- Vienna: October 2019 Home Sales
- Oakton: October 2019 Home Sales
- McLean: October 2019 Home Sales
- Great Falls: October 2019 Home Sales
- Reston: October 2019 Home Sales
- Falls Church: October 2019 Home Sales
- Arlington: October 2019 Home Sales
- Alexandria: October 2019 Home Sales
*Data compiled from SmartCharts, MarketStats by ShowingTime, whose data comes directly from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).